St. Patrick’s Day is a great opportunity to get creative with writing prompts and encourage your students to think outside the box. Here, we’ve compiled five writing prompts specifically designed to take advantage of the holiday and help you make your classroom a fun and engaging place!
Assign one or allow your students to choose one of these exciting prompts to write their creative piece.
Prompt 1: Imagine yourself as the most mischievous leprechaun ever. What kinds of tricks would you play on people? Create a conflict that you face because of your tricks.
- Encourage your students to create conflicts to make their writing interesting.
- They must also think about solutions to resolve any problems in their story.
Prompt 2: Create a story about a character that has to choose between becoming a fairy or a leprechaun. Think about the pros and cons of each.
- Encourage students to create a dilemma for their story character about making a choice.
- Students must end their story with the choice made by the character, include an explanation for their character's choice.
Prompt 3: Write an adventure about rescuing a friendly leprechaun from an angry troll! Create three tricky obstacles along the way.
- Encourage students to get creative with their obstacles.
- There must be resolutions for overcoming each obstacle.
Prompt 4: Describe a magical journey to the top of a rainbow where you can change your luck for the better!
- Encourage your students to describe the setting as they write about their journey.
- Add what they hope their new found luck will bring.
Prompt 5: Write a story about finding a hidden four-leaf clover in the school garden and what happens next.
- Encourage students to include details about anything special the four-leaf clover does.
- Do they keep it a secret or tell everyone at school?
The possibilities with these five creative writing prompts inspired by St Patrick’s Day are truly endless and could be the spark of so many great student works! Young writers can use these to express their feelings and thoughts in a creative and unique way, adding any twists of their own with characters, endings, or other plot elements. Whether you’re looking for some fun writing assignments on St Patrick’s Day, just need some engaging prompts to get your class inspired, or have another creative task in mind - these prompts are sure to have something special. Plus, they are free to download right here! So don't wait any longer - unleash the creativity of your young writers with the help of these ideas!
St Patrick's Day Creative Writing Prompts - FREE
Get ready to celebrate St Patrick's Day in the classroom with these fun Creative Writing Prompts! This resource contains five different prompts that will fill your students with imagination and creativity - perfect for unleashing their narrative writing skills to explore the magical world of leprechauns, rainbows, and four-leaf clovers. These whimsical prompts will help you create an engaging writing lesson plan that celebrates St. Patrick's Day in a fun way.
Are you looking for more St Patrick's Day activities?
A 21st century School Teacher, Mother, and Wife.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies