This is a Christmas gift to all of you wonderful educators out there! Click on the product image to be directed to my store where you can download this Christmas Math Game for FREE!
In this packet you will receive a board game (color and grayscale options), plus a variety of math cards to go with the game.
To play this game you will need to carry out some prep. All you need to do is:
- Print out the contents of the packet
- Laminate the board game page
- Cut and laminate the gift tokens
- Cut and laminate the playing math cards (these will need to be shuffled and placed face down in a pile before playing)
- Have dice and counters (or alternative player pieces) ready to go with the game.
(More detailed instructions are provided within the download)
Please Note: I have enabled the ability to differentiate and customize the level of difficulty of math that you wish for your students with this game. In the download you will find six levels of playing math card sets. Choose which levels/skills you would like to include to suit your class, or make differentiated sets for different groups in your classroom.
How To Play The Game
- Players take it in turns to roll the die and move the numbers of spaces rolled.
- The player must read what they must do when they land on a square (e.g. lose a turn, give a gift to another player, pick a card).
- If the player must pick a card, he/she must pick the math card at the top of the pile and answer the math question given. The other players are to check whether it was answered correctly (you may wish to allow calculators for checking purposes only). If the player answers correctly, he/she receives a gift token.
- The first player to reach Santa's Sleigh on the game board with 10 Gift Tokens in their possession wins the game!
I truly hope your students enjoy and benefit from this game.
Merry Christmas and Thank You for all of your business and support this year!
A 21st century School Teacher, Mother, and Wife.