The Case of the Super Bad Superhero Math Mystery - Kindergarten Edition
A Fun Math Review Activity. This FREE Math Mystery will engage and motivate your students during math time. 5'Ws Structured Mystery -- In Case of The Super Bad Superhero, students must use their math skills to discover five important clues about the case: who, where, when, what and why. Students will need to cut out the picture answer on their clue sheet and paste to their Mystery Case file until all five have been completed.
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! Or go paperless with the new Google Docs option provided within your download.
NEW - Distance Learning Update: I've added a Word Document within the folder that contains a Google Doc link to share this resource with your students via Google Classroom or Drive. Parts of the pages are editable so that your students can complete without having to print the pages. Please note, you will need to make a copy of the Google Slides to your drive before you can edit.
You can choose to use this resource in a number of ways. Some suggestions are:
• Complete one clue page daily as part of daily math practice or mental math warmup.
• Use as an early finisher task for fast/advanced students.
• Homework practice (1 page per day or week)
• Complete all at once as a whole class (guided/groups/pairs/independently)
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
• Teacher Instructions
• The Math Mystery Story, “Case of The Super Bad Superhero”
• Math Mystery Case File – that students will use as they work through each clue
• Clue 1 (WHEN) – Addition (1-10)
• Clue 2 (WHAT) – Counting (less than 20)
• Clue 3 (WHERE) – Numbers (Mystery Picture coloring)
• Clue 4 (WHO) – Subtraction (1-10)
• Clue 5 (WHY) – Ten Frames to Count (Less than 20)
(Comparing answers will be required in some clues e.g. greatest answer or lowest number answer)
• A Literacy Extension Activity for optional use post investigation (Write an article for Mathhattan's Newspaper
• Answer Sheets
• Printable awards to give to students who solve the mystery!
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.
**This is a different format to my other math mysteries. This is a new structure that I hope will work well with Kindergarten students. I hope to make more for Kindergarten level, so follow my store to get notified when new ones are added. If you would prefer something more challenging, or would like math mysteries for other grades/skills you can find more in my store.