Easter Math Mystery - The Case of the Egg Thief - Kindergarten Edition
This Easter Math Mystery will engage and motivate your students during math time. 5'Ws Mystery Structure.
In Case of The Egg Thief, students must use their math skills to discover five important clues about the case: who, where, when, what and why. Students will need to cut out the picture answer on their clue sheet and paste to their Mystery Case file until all five have been completed.
Easy prep! Print and go option OR go paperless with the new Google Slides option provided to complete the worksheets digitally.
You can choose to use this resource in a number of ways. Some suggestions are:
• Complete one clue page daily as part of daily math practice or mental math warmup.
• Use as an early finisher task for fast/advanced students.
• Homework practice (1 page per day or week)
• Complete all at once as a whole class (guided/groups/pairs/independently)
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
• Teacher Instructions
• The Math Mystery Story, “Case of The Egg Thief”
• Math Mystery Case File – that students will use as they work through each clue
• Clue 1 (WHAT) – Counting and comparing (less than 20)
• Clue 2 (WHEN) – Addition with pictures (less than 10)
• Clue 3 (WHERE) – Counting and comparing (less than 20)
• Clue 4 (WHO) – Ordering numbers – cut and paste (1-14)
• Clue 5 (WHY) – Subtraction with pictures (less than 19)
• A Literacy Extension Activity for optional use post investigation (Write a Letter to the Easter Bunny)
• Answer Sheets
• Printable awards to give to students who solve the mystery!
This is a different format to my other math mysteries. This is a new structure that I hope will work well with Kindergarten students. If you would prefer something more challenging, or would like math mysteries for other grades/skills you can find more in my store.