Earth Day Math Mystery: The Case of the Litterbug - Kindergarten Edition
This Earth Day Math Mystery (Kindergarten), the “Case of The Litterbug”, is a fun way to practice math skills in a worksheet format.
This edition uses my 5'W's Mystery structure.
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! Or go paperless with the new Google Docs option provided within your download.
NEW - Distance Learning Update: I've added a Word Document within the folder that contains a Google Doc link to share this resource with your students via Google Classroom or Drive. Parts of the pages are editable so that your students can complete without having to print the pages. Please note, you will need to make a copy of the Google Slides to your drive before you can edit.
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story (written version)
- A story video hook (optional use)
- Case file to glue cut outs from each clue
- Clue 1 WHEN - Ordering numbers 1-18
- Clue 2 WHAT - Counting objects and comparing numbers
- Clue 3 WHERE - Mystery picture (color the numbers to reveal the hideout picture)
- Clue 4 WHO - Addition (1-10)
- Clue 5 WHY - Subtraction (1-10) with pictures
Answer sheets provided, plus printable awards to give to students who solve the case and catch the litterbug!