The Case of the Grumpy Ghost - CSI Literacy Mystery
This Halloween Private Eye CSI Literacy Mystery will require your students to read the text carefully, make inferences, collect evidence, and unlock clues to solve the Case of the Grumpy Ghost. NO PREP required, print and go!Everything that you need for this activity is in the download; all you need is paper to print and pencils to write!
Great for Halloween, but can be used anytime of the year too.
- Making Inferences
- Main Idea
- Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Text for Clues
- Finding and Analyzing Evidence
- Critical Thinking
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! OR NEW Google Docs option to save paper!
- Teacher instructions
- The introduction page to set the stage
- Reading and activity worksheets: most worksheets will involve reading and answering comprehension questions. One worksheet will be a crack the code style with vocabulary work - Definition match
(There are eight pages for the investigation in total)
- Solution declaration page (students will be required to write or choose clues to convict a suspect! Two options provided for this section.)
- Answer sheets and solution guide
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case correctly!
Use as an independent, pairs, or small group task. Make it a part of your ELA sessions, add to your early finisher tasks, keep handy for a sub, or give as a homework assignment.
This style of mystery is different, and more challenging, from my Reading 'Once Upon a Crime' and Math Mystery ranges. In these 'Private Eye CSI' Literacy Mysteries students will be building suspect files and looking for clues in the text. Then they must use the information found to see if the Grumpy Ghost is real or if someone is behind the spooky situation experienced at Pepe's Pizzeria! Students will also need to provide enough evidence to convict a suspect as being the culprit.