Private Eye CSI Literacy Mystery - The Case of the Critter Chaos
Make learning fun with this Private Eye CSI - Literacy Mystery: Case of The Critter Chaos.
This ELA Teaching Resource TARGETS:
- Making Inferences
- Main Idea
- Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Text for Clues
- Critical Thinking
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! OR NEW Google Docs option to save paper!
- Teacher instructions
- The introduction page to set the stage
- Case File Templates: Suspect page, evidence page, note taking page.
*****NEW optional table format is given in a separate PDF file, which you may prefer to use instead of the original suspect/evidence pages.
- Reading and activity worksheets: most worksheets will involve reading and answering comprehension questions. Two worksheets will be a crack the code style with vocabulary work - Synonyms and Antonyms.
(There are seven pages for the investigation in total)
- Solution declaration page (students will be required to write or choose important clues to convict a suspect! Two options provided for this section.)
- Answer sheets and solution guide
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case correctly!
This style of mystery is different to my Math Mystery range. In these Literacy Mysteries students will be building their own suspect files, drawing out their own clues from the text, critically think to solve who the culprit is, and then provide enough evidence to convict a suspect! Making inferences is a big part of this activity.