The Case of the Wacky Wand - Literacy Mystery
Make learning fun with this Literacy Mystery: Case of The Wacky Wand! Students must read through the information given to solve what has happened to Larry the Wizard's wand!
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! OR NEW Google Docs option to save paper!
⭐Video Hook now included! It's a fun way to set the stage to engage!⭐
This ELA Teaching Resources TARGETS:
- Making Inferences
- Main Idea
- Vocabulary (Definitions)
- Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Text for Clues
- Critical Thinking
- Teacher instructions
- The introduction page to set the stage
- Case File Templates: Suspect page, evidence page, note taking page
- Reading and activity worksheets: most worksheets will involve reading and answering comprehension questions. One worksheet will be a crack the code style with vocabulary work (in this packet students will be required to put words in alphabetical order) + mini missing vowels message.
(There are seven pages for the investigation in total)
- Solution declaration page (students will be required to write or choose important clues to convict the culprit! Two options provided here.)
- Answer sheets and solution guide
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case correctly!
This style of mystery is different to my Math Mystery range. In these Literacy Mysteries students will be building their own suspect files, drawing out their own clues from the text, critically think to solve who the thief is, and then provide enough evidence to convict the culprit! Making inferences is a big part of this activity.