Back to School Literacy Mystery - The Case of the Pilfered Pencils
Make learning fun with this Back to School Private Eye CSI - Literacy Mystery: Case of The Pilfered Pencils.
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! Or go paperless with the new Google Slides option provided within your download.
This ELA teaching resourceTARGETS
- Main Idea
- Vocabulary (Definitions, Synonyms)
- Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Text for Clues
- Making Inferences
- Critical Thinking
- Teacher instructions
- The introduction page to set the stage
- Case File Templates: Suspect page, evidence page, note taking page
- Reading and activity worksheets: most worksheets will involve reading and answering comprehension questions. One worksheet will be a crack the code style with vocabulary work (in this packet students will be required to put words in alphabetical order) + mini missing vowels message.
(There are seven pages for the investigation in total)
- Solution declaration page (students will be required to write or choose important clues to convict the thief they declare! Two options provided here.)
- Answer sheets and solution guide
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case correctly!
This style of mystery is different to my Math Mystery range. In these Literacy Mysteries students will be building their own suspect files, drawing out their own clues from the text, critically think to solve who the thief is, and then provide enough evidence to convict the culprit! Making inferences is a big part of this activity.
I would love to hear how this goes with your students to help me further develop this new range. Please let me know via the feedback option or by emailing me on email@example.com