The Case of the Stolen Surfboard - CSI Literacy Mystery
Check out this fun Private Eye CSI - Literacy Mystery: Case of The Stolen Surfboard.
This ELA teaching resource targets:
- Main Idea
- Vocabulary (Definitions, Synonyms)
- Drawing Conclusions
- Analyzing Text for Clues
- Making Inferences
- Critical Thinking
Easy prep! Just Print & Solve! Or go paperless with the new Google Slides option provided within your download.
- Teacher instructions
- The introduction page to set the stage
- Case File Templates: Suspect page, evidence page, note taking page
- Reading and activity worksheets: some worksheets will involve reading and answering comprehension questions. Some worksheets will be a crack the code style with vocabulary work (in this packet students will be required to match words with definitions on one page, the other is synonym matching.
(There are six pages for the investigation in total)
- Solution declaration page (students will be required to write or choose five important clues to convict the thief they declare! Two options provided here.)
- Answer sheets and solution guide
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case correctly!
This style of mystery is different to my Math Mystery range. In these Literacy Mysteries students will be building their own suspect files, drawing out their own clues from the text, critically think to solve who the thief is, and then provide enough evidence to convict the culprit!
I would love to hear how this goes with your students. Please let me know via the feedback option or by emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org