My Spooky Store Math Project
This Halloween Math Project, My Spooky Store, is fun way to practice a variety of math skills in a real world context! Students will work through area, graphing and money.
Easy to prep for you! Plus, it's a fun way for your kids to do math too!
This particular project is easier and simpler than my other math projects, making it ideal if you want something shorter to work through.
Two versions provided - One is with Customary/Imperial units and the other uses Metric units for the pages where measurement is involved.
- Workbook title page
- Simple Set up (Setting price tags for items, and drawing what they imagine inside their store to look like)
2. Sales Addition
- Spooky sales (Addition of two numbers, Decimals)
3. Sales Data and Graphs
- Sales Data (data analysis questions)
- Sales Tally Graph
- Sales Bar Graph
- Calculating money totals (multiplication, decimals, money)
- Money Bar Graph
5. Measurement (two files now included, one has the metric system and the other the imperial system)
- Area and perimeter of rooms and spaces inside their store
6. Store Map
- Describing the location of things using coordinates
- Following directions using coordinates
7. Store Upgrade Purchases
- Open-ended activity where students have a limited amount of money to make choices about which upgrades to purchase for their store. (addition, subtraction, decimals)
8. New Spooky Costumes
- Design Costumes
- Price Costumes based on guide given
- Working out change (3-4 digit number subtraction)
9. Design and create a poster (Fun and creative activity to end the project)
Great Halloween activity!