I think most of us find this happening often, which can also interfere with our teaching. I've found myself victim to this too many times, so I put together a little list below with some tips to try and avoid teacher burnout.
- Meditate - deep breaths; try being mindful of the moment.
- Laugh - with someone; find something amusing on the Internet/TV.
- Pick your battles - don't fight every little thing that irritates you whether it is in the classroom or staff room.
- Plan - create a schedule for planning and ensure to mark in relaxation time.
- Seek Help - share the workload with someone; treat yourself to buying some lesson plans or activities from Teachers Pay Teachers; don't feel guilty about finding easier alternative ways to reduce the stress.
- Exercise - Yoga, Walk, Run (something that you enjoy).
- Fun - Make sure you're having fun outside of work hours, but also make sure you're having fun in the classroom too! If you're having fun the students will most likely feel the same and the classroom will be a happier and less stressful environment.