- Brainstorm all of the emotions the mouse experiences throughout the video. Using the words brainstormed, create a 'roller coaster' map to show the sequence of emotions experienced by the mouse through the video (e.g. high - hopeful/happy/excited, low - sad/ embarrassed/ lonely).
- Students write a short piece recounting what happened in the video.
- Students write a description for the mouse.
- Students write a persuasive piece of writing about why someone should buy the mouse.
- Students create an advertisement for the mouse for sale (e.g. poster, commercial).
I love using short video clips to engage and inspire students for writing tasks. This is a great one a came across recently that could be used for a a few different writing lessons. Below the video I have listed some writing activity ideas that I think would work will after viewing this video.
A 21st century School Teacher, Mother, and Wife.