Flash Freebie available on my TPT store! Hurry! Don't miss out on this special give away!
This is a new structure for my math mysteries targeting younger students. While students will be getting lots of practice with adding and subtracting in this fun math mystery story, they will also be engaging in lots of literacy skills!
Click on the image cover to be directed to my TPT store and download for free today. You will need a TPT account to download, however if you do not have a TPT account, it is easy and free to register.
Engage and motivate your students to practice their addition and subtraction skills (within 20), with this fun Math Mystery: Case of The Great Zoo Escape! Students must use their math skills to decode 5 clues and discover who, where, when, what and why in their investigation of the case.
This fun detective story also encourages literacy skills as students must read simple sentences, comprehend and match information given with a text picture stencil to present on their mystery case file.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
• Teacher Instructions
• The Math Mystery Story, “Case of The Great Zoo Escape”
• Math Mystery Case File – that students will use as they work through each clue
• Clue 1 (WHO) – Addition (0-20)
• Clue 2 (WHERE) – Subtraction (0-20)
• Clue 3 (WHEN) – Addition (0-20), Time (am/pm, yesterday/today)
• Clue 4 (WHAT) – Subtraction (0-20)
• Clue 5 (WHY) – Addition and Subtraction (0-20)
• A Literacy Extension Activity for optional use post investigation (Write a Letter)
• Answer Sheets
• Printable awards to give to students who solve the mystery of The Great Zoo Escape!
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com or use my store Q & A if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
A 21st century School Teacher, Mother, and Wife.